Easter is right around the corner and with that comes a total sugar high with all the candy and baked goodness right? Here’s a super simple way to make a treat for the kids and company without breaking the bank and get all your supplies at your local Walmart (or other grocery store) for under $5.00 each or less. You can adapt this recipe to your families dietary needs as needed (sugar free, low sugar, gluten free, etc)
- Brownie mix of choice (eggs, vegetable oil, brownie mix)
- Frosting or whipped topping
- Edible Sixlets or baking pearls ($1.00 per package at Walmart, look on the grocery side with the cake mixes)
- Cake Pan (rectangle or circular)
- Mix brownie mix and ingredients together. Then bake brownies per directions on the brownie mix box. (Temperature for oven may vary by location, so please adapt)
- Let brownies cool slightly
- For the topping you can use whipped topping or regular frosting and your choice of color dye (green is the one used above). You can change this color for every season and keep it fresh.
- Add pearl sixlets to your liking
Brownies are pretty hard to mess up so this is a great recipe to let the kids help with and something even dads can do to surprise Mom with right? You can even chill the brownies for a hot summer day and add cool-whip on top instead of frosting.