Hi! Price Matching at Walmart is a killer way to save some money! Here is some info to get you started. Then when you are done, go to the links at the bottom to see what people are price matching at their Walmarts in your area!
Walmart In Store Ad Match Policy:
We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*
- Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
- Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
- Competitors’ ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
- Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
- For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)
*The following are guidelines and limitations:
- We will match any local competitor’s advertised price.
- We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor’s ad.
- Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.). No substitutions
- In all situations Walmart reserves the right to limit BOGO quantities to one per customer or household
We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
- example: “Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C”
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
- example: “Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free”
- Items that require a purchase to get a competitors’ gift card
- example: “Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Percentage off
- example: “All mascara, 40% off”
- Competitors’ private label price promotions
- A specific price that omits a specific characteristic of an item (Example: $9.50 on “all sizes or quantities” of an assortment)
We do not honor:
- Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
- Internet pricing
- Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
- “Going out of business” sales or “closeout” prices
We’re committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. So if you find a current lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we’ll match it.
The following are guidelines and limitations:
- The prices on Walmart.com and online retailers* will be matched
- Our customers must provide the online price and retailer
- The item must be currently in-stock at the online retailer’s website at the time the request for the price match is made
- The item must be sold and fulfilled by online retailers listed below*
- We reserve the right to verify the price of the identical, in-stock item at the online retailer’s website (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, color)
- We will limit quantities to one-per-customer, per item, per day**
How to match an in-store purchase to an online price:
- Request the price match right at the register
- The Store Management has the final decision for matching an online price
How to match a Walmart.com purchase to an online competitor:
- Contact Walmart.com Customer Care at http://help.walmart.com prior to placing your order on Walmart.com
- The Customer Care Agent has the final decision for matching an online price
We do not honor:
- Prices from marketplace and third-party sellers.
- Prices from auctions or requiring memberships
- Prices that cannot be determined independent of other items, e.g., fees, shipping charges
- Percent off or dollar off if the item’s price cannot be determined independent of other items, fees or charges
- Bundle offers, Instant Rebates, Mail-in Offers, Offers that include financing
- Prices that require minimum quantity purchases
- Clearance, Close out, Liquidation, Special Hour/Flash/Limited Quantity offers
- Damaged, Used or Refurbished items
- Misprinted or inaccurate prices
- Online price match is not available in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico for in store purchases
- We will not offer rain-checks for items that are not currently in-stock in our store or Walmart.com
- Online price match is not available for Walmart One Hour Guarantee Items
- Walmart.com will not price match on behalf of Walmart Marketplace Retailers to other online competitors
- Walmart.com will not price match items purchased on Walmart.com between Thanksgiving and Cyber-Monday
*Online retailers are limited to: Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com, Walmart.com
**Quantities are not limited in New Mexico except when purchases are made for the purpose of reselling merchandise
Effective November 14th, 2014 Walmart and Walmart.com will Price Match Online Prices-
“Online Price Match” Frequently Asked Questions- Help for Front End Employees
Q: How does a cashier complete “Online Price Match” Overrides at the register?
A: Complete the “Price Override” using action code #2, the same as in-store Ad Match.
Q: Is the customer required to show the online price they are matching?
A: No, it is the customer’s responsibility to state the online retailer and the online retailer’s price and then it will be the stores responsibility to validate the price difference if it is more than $50 or if the price is seems unrealistic.
Q: Does the store need to validate all Online Price Matches?
A: No. The online price should be validated when the price difference is more than $50. Take
care of the customer.
Q: Does the item have to be instock at the online retailer?
A: The item must be instock at the online retailer and at the Walmart store for Walmart to honor
the online price.
Q: Do we limit the quantity of an item?
A: Where applicable, Walmart will limit quantities to typical retail purchase quantities or one-per- customer or household to exclude dealers and resellers. The store manager has the final approval.
Q: How does a cashier validate the “Online Price Match”?
A: The cashier can approve an online price difference of up to $20 without validation. The CSM can approve an online price difference between $20 and $50 and is encouraged to validate the price on the MC55 or at the Service Desk when the price difference is more than $50.
Q: Which online retailers do we price match?
A: We match most online retailers with the exception of Sam’s Club, Costco, and Auction Sites
(e.g. Ebay Below is the list of some of the major online retailers the CSS/CSM/management will
be able to access to validate the online price match on the MC55 or at the Service Desk.
Online retailers include, but are not limited ta. Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond. com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, 0aIIargeneraI.cam, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart, com, Kohls. com, Lowes. com, Michaels.com, Newegg. com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart. com, 5eors.com, SportsAuthority.com, Stop/es.com, Torger.com, Tigerdirect. com, Taysrus.cam, Walgreens.com, Walmart.com
Q: Do we honor online retailers that aren’t listed above?
A: Yes, however the Store Manager has the final approval on any “Online Price Match”.
Q: Do we offer “rain checks” if the items are not instock?
A: No, we do not offer rain checks if we are not instock on the identical item.
Q: Do we offer a “substitution” if the items are not instock?
A: No, we do not offer a substitution if we are not instock on the identical item.
Q: Are Online Price Matched items eligible for associate discounts?
A: No, like other price overrides, online price matched items are not eligible for associate discounts.
Q: When verifying the listed price of the “online item”, does the price being verified need to
include the shipping price/fee?
A: No, it is the price of the item only.
Q: Will site to store/pick up today honor online prices?
A: Yes, if the customer finds a lower price for the identical item (size, flavor, brand, color, quantity, etc.) on a competitor’s site, we will match the price of the online item. Stores can give the customer the difference on a gift card.
If you find a lower price for a Walmart.com item on another online retailer’s site, will Walmart.com match it?
A: If you find a lower price for a Walmart.com item on another online retailer’s site, contact
Walmart.com before your purchase and one of the Customer Care Agent will provide assistance with a price adjustment. The Customer Care Agent has the final decision for matching an online price.
Price adjustments are not available for the following:
Value of the Day or Special Buy items
Associate Discount Card purchases
Q. If I am at a store wanting to “Price Match” my Walmart.com purchase as I have found a
lower price for the Walmart.com item on another online retailer’s site, will Walmart match it?
A. Call 1-(800)966-6546 and one of our Customer Care Agents will provide assistance.
Q. Does Walmart match online 3rd Party or Marketplace sellers?
A. No (effective 8/19/14)
Q. Does Walmart match online competitor pricing that is significantly below normal retail
pricing, for example, $0.01 items for sale on 3rd Party or Marketplace retailer sites?
A. No (effective 8/19/14)
Q. For purchases made on Walmart.com, does Walmart.com match 3rd Party or Marketplace
A. The customer should contact a Walmart.com Customer Care Agent whom can assist. However, Walmart.com does not match prices on behalf of Walmart.com Marketplace Retailers to other online competitors. For example, an item sold on Walmart.com by a marketplace retailer is not eligible for price matching.
Q. Can online price match items be placed on layaway?
A. These items can be placed on layaway if the item meets the layaway criteria.
Q: Are there any areas of the store that are not participating in online price match?
A: Yes, there are certain areas of the store that will not match online prices. This includes, TLE, Vision Center and Pharmacy.
Q: Do we match Sam’s Club or Costco or Auction Sites?
A: Walmart does not match any Membership clubs and Auction sites or 3rd party vendors(e.g. Ebay).
Q: What do we do if the CSM is trying to verify the online price and the competitor website
won’t load or is slow?
A: Competitor websites may experience issues or slowness when loading. Please refresh or use
a different device. Contact a member of management for guidance to match the online price.
Q: Are 1-Hour Guarantee Items available for online price matching?
A: Walmart 1-Hour Guarantee items are not available for price matching.
Q: Are Black Friday event items that are NOT 1-Hour Guarantee items available for online price
A: Yes, Black Friday in-store event items which are NOT 1-Hour Guarantee items are available for online price match if the items are identical. Walmart.com will not honor price matches for Walmart.com items between Thanksgiving and Cyber-Monday.
Price matching alone can save you a ton of money at Walmart. Why price match? Because I don’t want to run all over the city to different stores to get the good deals, I would rather just pick it up all in one place!
Basically, if you take your local grocery store ad and see a great deal on Coke for example. Store A has it on sale for $3.00 per 12 pack and Walmart carries it for $3.98 you can simply tell them which store at what price and they will override their register to give you the cheaper price. It has to be a normal sale price, no weird sales like Buy this product and get a different product free. You technically don’t even need the ad.
There is a process that I use to make things go a little smoother. I have found that when you load your groceries onto the belt at Walmart you need to be ready and organized. I put all of my “full price” items on the belt first. When the cashier gets to that items that you want to price match, you must give them the competitors price RIGHT THEN so they can change the price. If you wait until they are done ringing you up to show them the price match they will not happily go back and change the prices. I saw a woman once that had placed sticky notes on her items, the cashier LOVED her! I don’t have that kind of time, but it was a good idea!Just a tip!
You may find it helpful to print out and carry a copy of the Walmart price match policy with you.
5 Steps to Successful Price-Matching at Walmart:
- Check the other grocery stores sales ad’s for great deals. Make a list of the items and prices. Check to see what coupons you have or can print to match up with these sales. Check electronics, I have saved HUGE this way at Walmart!
- Take a look at the price matching policy. They will not do B1G1 free sales that do not have a stated price, but they will do 2 for $4 or 2/$4. They will also NOT do % off, like 25% off all soda.
- Go shopping! Bring your other store ad’s with you, I know you don’t have to but it helps you and the cashier. I don’t announce that I have them but I do have them just in case. Don’t cut them up, they will need to verify the dates on them because you can only use a current ad price.
- I always place items that I am NOT price matching on the belt first. Then I place my items that I am price matching and lay the ad on top of them so I don’t forget… or get distracted by children! I inform the cashier that I am price matching each item as they ring it up.
- Do the “Happy Dance” that you saved a bunch of money!