If you are in the Houston area, and want to donate items to be taken to Moore, OK and surrounding communities you can bring them up to The Woodlands, Paul and I are personally delivering them Memorial Day.
- The Woodlands Christian Church 1202 North Millbend Dr. The Woodlands 77380. Week days from 9 am to 4pm and on Saturday and this Sunday.
::This is what they need::
- Soap laundry detergent
- New towels and wash clothes
- Toiletries – Shampoo, conditioner, razors etc.
- Baby items – Diapers, wipes, etc.
- CLEAN NICE Clothing – * they can not wash anything. Like NEW condition.
- New pillows
- Sheets and blankets
This is the deal, we will be working with a Disciples of Christ church near Moore as a location to where we are dropping off these items. People will be getting some help from the Red Cross as far as gift cards to get supplies and some clothing. We are trying to help them get through until they start getting insurance help.
They will not be needing home items at this time.
Think, “what would you need to help your family with basic needs…” Bedding is ALWAYS needed, items in good or NEW condition. SOCKS! Toiletries and wipes are ALWAYS wanted!
See how to make a hygiene kit HERE.
I will be at The Woodlands Christian church all day tomorrow, you have all week and Saturday to drop off. We will load up everything Sunday evening. Paul and I will drive up MONDAY to deliver these items.
* If you have any connections with a large truck… we are looking for one!!! Last time we needed the largest U-Haul that they had. If you want to donate a gas card or help us find a truck and OR trailer, that would be welcome!
- Red Cross - Register and find friends and family
- Oklahoma Fans Facebook Page
- Salvation Army
- U-Haul offering 30 Days Free Storage to OK victims
- The Salvation Army care for disaster survivors and first responders. Text STORM to 80888 to donate $10 to the recovery and relief efforts.
- In an emergency you want to text, not call because it uses less tower frequency and leaves the lines open for emergency personnel.
- Also, if you want to donate to aid agencies, go online… don’t text – online donations get there faster, text donations have to be billed through the cell phone companies and take longer to get there.