Walmart released 7 pages of changes and clarifications for the Walmart Price Match Policy to managers for cashiers and CSM’s on April 9th. I have obtained copies of the emails that were sent and I will go through each page and explain what it means. This is the point when most people are FREAKING out and think that the Price Match world is coming to an end. I am going to highlight the changes here and then I have each page separated with explanations.
I am working on getting all of the info up, I have all pages of the internal memos on the Walmart Price Match Policy already up on a page for you to view.
Five Big Changes or Clarification
1. Cashiers will verify any price matched item that exceeds 25% difference. If the item exceeds 50% the cashier will call a CSM, in the near future it will be an automatic prompting from the register.
2. Walmart will no longer Ad Match ads that state “all sizes”, sizes and prices must be specified.
3. Walmart does not price match private label items
4. Walmart can limit the number of items you can get to one in ALL BOGO situations.
5. CUSTOMERS ARE ALLOWED TO USE A COUPON ON AN AD MATCHED ITEM!