Walmart has some new instructions for the Store Managers to give their cashiers and CSM’s regarding the Walmart Price match Policy. There are some huge changes that will change some things and there are some clarifications that may get misinterpreted by management.
The highlighted parts of each memo are the parts that I thought were the most interesting.
1. Cashiers will have to verify purchases, this doesn’t mean that you have to bring the ads in from now on. They are either going to have to provide them or verify them. I ALWAYS recommend that you bring your ads if you are going to be prices matching more than a few items.
2. 50% or more Price Match items will require the cashier to call a CSM for an override. This will be an automatic prompting soon.
3. I just don’t think it gets any more clear that you don;t have to have your ad. Please see number one to see my feelings on this.
4. This is the one that is going to cause problems for people that price match dairy and sometimes meat. The managers I have already talked to are interpreting this like it is a new policy and they aren’t supposed to price match milk and things like that. It is not the case in my opinion, they have had a lot of issues with stores price matching everything in the store to other store brands. When i get confirmation from my contact at corporate I will update.
5. This one scares me the most. Managers have the right to limit quantities in all situations to limit the quantities to one. Many managers view price matching as a nuisance and will sue this as an excuse to limit quantities. This obviously goes against why Walmart has the price match policy in the first place.