The Pulled Chicken recipe from the January All You magazine was an immediate hit at our house! Crock Pot recipes are a lifesaver to me, as we are always running different directions. This was very easy and quick to make. I was able to prep it in less than the 10 minutes suggested. Cook time is approximately 5 hours, but could be adjusted with a higher cooking temperature.
I recommend doubling this if you have a large or hungry family! It makes great leftovers for quick lunches, too. Substituting pork for the chicken would reduce costs even further.
This is a pretty healthy meal, with only 232 calories and 3g of fat per serving ( I ate mine without the bun, of course). It would also be great served over baked potatoes or in a whole wheat wrap.
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whole-wheat hamburger buns, optional
Total Cost Estimate Per Serving: $1.89
The All You magazine is the single best magazine to find coupons in. This magazine can be found ONLY at Walmart in the check out isle for $2.88. Each month the magazine is loaded with coupons on every page, they also have great recipes and helpful hints and tips!
- Coupons: Every issue of All You contains valuable coupons for fashion, food, makeup and household basics. With high coupon totals each month (more than $60 recently), this magazine pays for itself many times over.
All You magazine is no longer in circulation. But you can still enjoy this awesome recipe here on I Heart The Mart!