I thought I should go check out using competitors coupons and catalina’s at my Walmart to see what happened. My wife was POSITIVE they were not going to let me use the catalina’s.
The first trip through, that didn’t get filmed… I guess you get what you pay for 🙂 Good thing my wife is cute, she thought she was filming and actually turned the camera on when she thought she turned it off!
O.K. back to the first trip through… this is what I used:
- I had the Walgreens progresso soup coupon ( you can see it on the bottom of the ad in the post below)
- $1/4 Progresso manufacturer coupon
- I also used the $.99 soft soap from Walgreens ad.
- $1.50 Coke catalina from Kroger
- $1.00 Dr. Pepper coupon from Kroger.
Normally, I would have picked this kid to check out with because you know he could care less. I wanted someone who was a grouchy cashier but there wasn’t any available. He took everything with no problem, the catalina’s beeped, and he just overrode them. No problems at all. I should have bet my wife something!!
We decided to go through again, with a different cashier to see if we had any trouble. You can see this transaction in the video. Again, I used 2 catalina’s and had no problems.
It was a good experience which opened up a TON of questions…
- Will they take Walgreens Register Rewards?? I would love to use these on meat and dairy or things that there are not coupons on.
- Will they use the $ off $$ catalina’s?
- Plus a ton more ( but we are watching “Night and Day” and it is really good and I am totally distracted!)
Anyway, this was a great learning experience. This is the thing though, you are going to have to do a little pushing at your Walmart if you are having problems doing any of this. CALL Corporate, and express your concerns and ask them to call your store and TALK TO YOUR MANAGERS!