Looking for a new and super easy dish to take to that upcoming football game or potluck party? Try out this mayo free Shrimp Potato Salad Recipe. Now remember this recipe is just a guideline but you can mix it up and substitute to fit your dietary needs.
You will need:
6 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of white vinegar
¼ teaspoon of salt (or to taste)
¼ teaspoon of pepper (or to taste)
1 teaspoon of oregano (dried or chopped fresh)
Splash of lemon juice (to taste)
1 pound of cooked, tail-off shrimp
1-2 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
4-6 medium peeled potatoes cut into cubes
½ red pepper, chopped
(Optional- garnish with cilantro, add in hard boiled eggs)
1. Chop up potatoes and place them in a pot of boiling salted water.
2. While potatoes are cooking whisk oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano and a splash of lemon juice in a bowl.
3. Chop vegetables and place them on the side.
4. Drain potatoes once they are cooked (fork goes through easily) and place them in a large mixing bowl.
5. While potatoes are warm, pour the sauce mixture and slowly toss the potatoes and sauce together.
6. Let potatoes cool for 10 minutes in fridge
7. Gently add the shrimp to the bowl of potatoes.
8. Gently add the vegetables to the bowl of potatoes.
9. Slowly toss it together, or with a rubber spatula, gently blend them together.
10. Serve warm or place the potato salad into the fridge for an hour to cool.