“Walmart is kicking off three days of savings, typically reserved only for the Friday After Thanksgiving, on this seasons’ must-have holiday gifts, including the strongest “price match” guarantee in the market. In fact, Walmart is one of the only retailers that will price match competitors’ ads on “Black Friday.” Customers simply bring in competitors’ ads and Walmart will match the price of any identical product right at the register, making Walmart the easiest place to save this holiday season.”
I successfully price matched many items last year on black Friday at Walmart. Honestly, I think it is really the best way to go. Make sure to read about price matching HERE. All the same rules apply as normal.
It appears that they will be price matching other stores “door buster” prices. They will only be doing this at the same time as the other stores. Lets say your store opens at midnight and you want to price match Targets 5am door buster items. You can’t do it at Walmart until 5am.
- Make sure on Thursday to spend sometime going through all the ads.
- Make a list of what you want first, then find that item at each store that offers it and find the store that has it for the lowest price.
- Have a master list of items and prices.
- Place all of the ads and your list in a folder.
- Take it to Walmart at midnight and start shopping.
- Price match all your highlighted items when you get to the register.
- Save a bunch of money!
You have to tell them when you are checking out, WHEN THEY GET TO THE ITEM that you are price matching it. If they get to the next item and scan it and you have not told them you are price matching the previous item you lost your chance…. at this point, just return the item and have them re-ring it up and tell them you want to price match it.
I have more price matching info HERE.
Pay close attention to the Toys R Us ad and the Target ad. To me, those have some of the best deals. It is better to get everything in one spot then have to run all over the city!