We are seeing a LOT more B2S deals! I want to make it as easy as possible for you, and so I did what most smart guys do and had my wife make me a spread sheet like the one she uses each for our kids. So that I can look cool and offer it to you guys to print free. I am really awesome that way 🙂
Seriously, it works. We spend about $80 a year on 6 kids school supplies by doing the following:
- Print the Back To School Supply List
- Get your kids school supply lists
- Add the items into the spreadsheet (one sheet for ALL your kids)
- Watch the sales for the next 5-6 weeks
- If it is less then Walmarts price at any store, buy it.
- If it is the same as Walmarts price wait a few weeks and see if it goes lower anywhere
- About a week before your school starts, the things you are still missing, buy them at Walmart
- Cross off items as you get them, so you are not overbuying
Thats it. Easy.
I am going to be posting ANY deal that I find, or that you see and email me, that we can price match at Walmart each week.
- If you buy a little each week you can save a LOT of money.
- Not get stuck right before school spending a bunch of money.
- Don’t wait until the say before and everything is sold out.
This is basically what our sheet looks like. Except that my wife laminates ours (she is just that way) and it is on the fridge.
We combine all the kids supply lists into one sheet. Add the # of each item that we need. If there are certain folder colors they need we make a note. We cross off what we bought. The Walmart prices are listed as a reference in case we are in another store and are wondering if something is a good deal.
There is space at the bottom because I am assuming you might have different items your school is requiring. Or you can always just make one up that works for you better. But this is a method my wife has been using for a long time and it works.
Go HERE to print yours. Once you are there, just right click and select print to get it.
Let us know if you have a system that works!