I posted this Slider Sandwiches recipe way back when, but wanted to mention it again. If you’re looking to take over dinner duty for mom Mother’s Day – this is an easy recipe just about anyone can put together. The kids can even get in on the action!
These are my favorite sandwiches my wife makes for Sundays. They are a HUGE crowd pleaser. Great for the game at home – or to take to someones house, these are a winner!
Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
recipe adapted from Vanilla Kitchen
- 2 TB dried minced onions
- 1 TB Dijon mustard (I used 2 TB)
- 2 TB poppy seeds
- I used a couple dashes of Worcheshire sauce
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 dozen dinner rolls – potato rolls work great (I used 2 doz. Martin’s Famous Dinner Potato Rolls)
- 1/2 pound sliced ham (I used sweet capicola)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Baby Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a small mixing bowl mix onion, mustard, poppy seeds, and melted butter.
- Leaving the dinner rolls intact, slice them open so that you have one solid top and bottom. Don’t slice each one open, but rather as a whole.
*It’s nice to have a good sharp bread knife for this, so it’s long enough to go through the whole pan of rolls all at once without smushing them.
- Place the bottom half on a baking sheet or in a 9×13 inch baking pan, the pan size will depend on choice of rolls. For big families – or groups – one of my favorite pans is this huge 10 x 15 Pyrex dish. You can just about fit two packs of rolls in there if you arrange them right.
- Line the bottom half of the rolls with cheese slices and ham.
- Return the top part of the rolls and drizzle the butter mixture evenly over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Now use a sharp knife to separate the sandwiches.
(I baked for 15 minutes with foil then about 7 with foil off as I wanted the tops to get a bit of crunch).
These can be made ahead of time and refrigerated, may require 5 more minutes of baking. Also can be prepared ahead and frozen. Defrost in refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.
Check out these printable coupons to help you save a little in the process!