- Walmart Layaway is SUPPOSED to be open from 9-9 on Black Friday. They do allow store managers to make adjustments based on store needs. If yours isn’t that sucks and I’m sorry!
- Walmart Black Friday “Special Buy” items will have different bar codes for the most part so items like TV’s Computers, Blu Ray Players and Movies will most likely not be able to use the Layaway Black Friday Strategy. It will work on Games and toys because those items should not have the special bar codes.
- Competitor Black Friday items that Walmart carries will be able to use this strategy. For example: Target has Model XOXO776 in their Black Friday ad AND walmart carries Model XOXO776, you can put that item on Layaway and Price Match ON Black Friday (if your store is open) provided the sale time has not ENDED. It will have to be deleted to get the lower price.
- Do not confuse start times with end times. Walmart will have 3 sales going on at the same time, they may run out of stock but the sale is still running. If your item is in Layaway it is IN stock.
- **Walmart Items** The registers are what determines what price the item is sold at, if an item is in Layaway you do not technically buy it until you pay off the layaway item. The registers AUTOMATICALLY give you the sale price if you close it out during a sale period. So do not worry about deleting items from layaway or any other nonsense, if you have it in layaway you have it in stock. The last two bullet points cover the ” Walmart will only PM BF items that start in Event 3″ Event 1 and 2 End Friday at Midnight, the registers don’t know anything except for the times the sales run, if you have the item you will get the lower price. Period.
- It is my understanding that Walmart sent a memo that they will Price Match Online Competitor Prices during the holiday season IF that competitor has a Brick and Mortar presence in that area. My store confirmed it, YMMV
Thanks to Debt Free Spending for the awesome Black Friday Spreadsheet!
CAUTION: This post will teach you how to save Time and Money Shopping for Christmas Gifts: Black Friday Shopping at Walmart is about to get a whole lot easier.
** A Lot of Questions have been raised, I am waiting on clarification**
Do you want to be waiting in Black Friday Shopping Lines on Thanksgiving Night? NO!
Do you want to be camped out on the sidewalks of BestBuy or Target in the middle of the night? NO!
I don’t know about you but I want to be watching Football on Thanksgiving and then I want to sleep off my Turkey Coma until about 9 on Friday. I’m gonna do it AND I’m still gonna get all the best Black Friday Deals of 2012!
We do a lot of crazy things to score the best deals for our family and friends for Christmas, but not anymore! This is a Game Changer!
I am going Black Friday Shopping this Week- I am sure you are wondering “how? ”
In an I Heart the Mart exclusive interview with the Director of Communications and Community Relations at Walmart, I asked some of the questions that my AWESOME I Heart the Mart readers had about Black Friday. I was floored at the answers so I asked them to write them down. This is EXACT text of the email I received:
- For items already on layaway, will Walmart price match those items if they have now gone on sale for Black Friday?
Items that have been put on layaway then are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Friday pricing (i.e. If you place a LG Blu-ray player on layaway today and payoff the purchase on Black Friday, you will pay the $38 Black Friday price).
- Can you use coupons for layaway items?
Yes. Walmart is committed to providing our customers with the lowest prices. To back up our price leadership promise, we will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register even on layaway items.More information is available at walmartstores.com/download/4752.pdf.
- Are Black Friday deals online again?
Customers can also get a jump start on shopping from the comfort of their homes with a two day online-only event on Walmart.com starting early on Thanksgiving Day and extending through Black Friday. Savings on hundreds of the hottest toys and electronics include:· Samsung 50″ Class LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV – $698
· Ematic 7” Tablet Android 4.0 1GHz, 4GB – $49
· Dsi XL Ultimate Bundle – $129
· Razor A Kick Scooter, Multiple Colors – $25
- Is Walmart price-matching Black Friday ads?
Our long standing ad match guarantee will be in effect throughout the 2012 holiday season – including on Black Friday. The ad match guarantee ensures that customers get the best prices on toys and other items throughout the store. We will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product right at the cash register. Walmart’s ad match guarantee does not include online prices. -END OF QUESTIONS-