The 2012 Walmart Layaway Program for the Holiday Season has been announced and I have some really exciting news for you. I think it is awesome! There are some key changes that make it a no brainer for this Holiday Season.
I was trying to get some clarification on the Walmart Price Match Policy for the 2012 Holiday season and it looks like it will remain the same. Ads will be matched throughout the holiday season just like normal, including black friday deals(not eligible for Layaway). They will be time sensitive and items much match exactly. If there are any changes I will update you as I get it.
Here are the key changes to the policy that I think make it great:
- They have expanded the list of eligible categories: It including small home appliances and select sporting goods such as basketball goals, trampolines and large exercise equipment. Customers can also use layaway for a broad selection of electronics, toys and jewelry.
- Early layaway access for shoppers who like their local Walmart store on Facebook. Customers simply need to sign up on their local Walmart Facebook page beginning August 28 to be able to start their layaway two days early on Sept. 14. That means you will have a full 90 days for layaway this year instead of 60!
- A full refund of the layaway open fee ($5) (was $15) given on a Walmart gift card for customers who make their final payment.
Here is the what the process, fees and requirements are:
- A down payment of 10 percent or $10, whichever is greater, is required and is applied to the purchase.
- Individual items must be priced $15 or more, and the total layaway purchase must be at least $50.
- If the order is cancelled or not paid in full, the open fee is not refunded; however, no additional cancellation fee will be charged.
The biggest down side that I think people will have an issue with is that they upped the open fee from $5.00 last year to $15.00. The part that is WAY better is that you get it ALL back when you make your final Layaway payment in the form of a Walmart Gift Card.
Sooo, What do you think?
Please leave comments with your feedback and share this with all your friends! The $15 Layaway Open Fee has been changed to $5.00